XBMC 12 Frodo - Release Candidate 3
We would like to take this time to announce the third release candidate for XBMC 12. Features for XBMC 12 include:
- HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD, via the new XBMC AudioEngine
- Live TV and PVR support
- h.264 10bit (aka Hi10P) video software decoding for anime
- 64bit support in OSX to match the 64bit support in Linux
- Improved image support, allowing the database to accomodate numerous additional image types
- Support for the Raspberry PI
- Initial support for the Android platform
- Improved Airplay support across all platforms, including Airplay audio in XBMC for Windows to match the other platforms
- Improved controller support in Windows and Linux
- Advanced Filtering in the library
- Advanced UPnP sharing
- Translations now powered by Transifex
At this point, XBMC 12 is entirely feature complete. All changes from this point forward will exclusively include fixes for replicable bugs necessary to reach final release.
Fixes between RC2 and RC3 are entirely stability fixes. For the full list, visit our Github milestones for RC3. As always, please do not report bugs or other issues in Github. If you need to report a verified bug, feel free to use Trac.
A quick note for Linux users, PVR addons have now been made a separate install from XBMC and can be found in the same PPA as XBMC. Each addon will be labeled “xbmc-pvr-[plugin-name].”
To get this release candidate, please visit our download page.
Let us know what you think of this release candidate in the comments below, or, if you like, via the donation button at the top of the page.