XBMC 12 Frodo - Beta 3
Hot on the heels of Beta 2, we are excited to release Beta 3. This release includes a number of fixes as we work to resolve issues that have cropped up since Beta 2 and also attempt to isolate some issues that still exist. For a quick run down of some of the big ones:
- Users of Android 4.2 should now be able to install and run XBMC for Android.
- The upgrade path of Windows users has been a little tricky. Users may upgrade to beta and discover the audio no longer works. This is due to a bit of trickiness with the AudioEngine upgrade. For Audiophiles to get the most out of AE, we recommend that you check out the AE Wiki entry.
- For those Windows users who find themselves without sound, the simple fix is to go to System->system->Audio Output and switch WASAPI to DirectSound. Users doing a clean install of XBMC for Windows Beta 3 should have no problem.
- PVR Addons have been included with XBMC for Windows, matching up with most other ports.
- We are still only partially complete on translations for numerous languages, including Romanian, Japanese, Estonian, Bosnian, Serbian, Hindi, and more. If you feel comfortable with one of these languages, but don’t know how to help, feel free to visit our forum thread that explains how to help translate XBMC using Transifex. UPDATE: Additionally, Transifex is used for translations for addons and skins, so you are always welcome to go back to a more complete language and help with any unfinished addons.
Finally, we’ve begun compiling a list of some of the more frequently asked questions about the transition from XBMC 11 Eden to XBMC 12 Frodo. If you haven’t made the switch yet, or just want to read about what other people are running into, please visit the XBMC 12 Frodo FAQ.
But enough of all that. Now is the time to get to downloading.
Let us know what you think of the changes in the comments below, or, if you like, via the donation button at the top of the page.