Photo Challenge: Hidden HTPC - Update
As many of you know, we’ve set a challenge for this week’s Feature Friday for you to submit your best hidden HTPC. At present, we’ve already gotten quite a few entries. Keep those coming!
We’d just like to update with the announcement that now we can confirm the addition of a prize for the winner of the challenge!
The nice folks at Pulse Eight have agreed to to give a USB-CEC Adapter to our Challenge winner. To refresh your memories, here’s the review we did of that Adapter. Safe to say, we think the Adapter is pretty awesome, and, as we keep inching closer to Eden being released, this adapter should just continue to be more and more amazing.
Unfortunately, the single easiest device to hide that also runs XBMC is the Apple TV 2, which can’t use the USB-CEC Adapter, so Pulse Eight suggested their ATV2 TotalMount as a second award for the best hidden ATV2. Since it wasn’t costing us anything, we said that sounded fantastic!
Now, for a refresh of the rule:
- Email a link to a picture of your elegantly hidden HTPC. (Alternatively, a link to a picture of your elegantly displayed HTPC, if you are displaying it in an unusual way.)
- Feel free to upload the pic to the site of your choice, so long as it’s possible to download that picture. (For example, we recommend tinypic.com.)
- If you have a good story to go with the picture, include that in the email.
- Send your link to natethomas AT xbmc DOT org with the subject: Hidden XBMC.
- Submissions will not be accepted after 1AM, Eastern Standard Time, Friday morning. (the 25th of November)
The person with the best, most creative method of hiding/displaying his or her HTPC (based on our subjective opinions) will win the Pulse Eight USB-CEC Adapter. The person with the best, most creative method of hiding his or her Apple TV 2 will win a Pulse Eight TotalMount. We’ll announce the winners and display the best pictures Friday night.
If you want to thank Pulse Eight for helping us give away stuff (or want to find out about how things like the USB CEC Adapter are progressing), feel free to give them the thumbs up on their Facebook page. And keep sending in your awesome pics; we’re really enjoying them!