XBMC Live 9.04 (Babylon) RC1!
A new XBMC Live is released: XBMC Live 9.04 Babylon RC1
Details about the release:
- Based on Ubuntu Jaunty
- NVIDIA drivers: 180.44 (VDPAU included on supported GPUs)
- ATI/AMD drivers: Catalyst 9.4
- Natively supports MCEUSB remotes
- Uses duduke’s great “black” usplash theme
- New installer script that allows building of XBMC Live USB bootable disks from any Ubuntu-based system without the need of burning a CD and booting from it.
- New boot script automatically increasing the system audio volume
- New install to HDD method: the installer creates a standard Ubuntu system on the target disk (a kind of XBMCbuntu…)
Finally, the XBMC repositories sources are already configured and topfs2’s cool script “Aptitude” is included, so updating XBMC to follow the new releases will hopefully be easy!